#20: Your Purpose is Calling
Today, I’ll talk all about purpose. Your purpose is absolutely calling for you, right now!You already know that your life has purpose. You understand the importance of living authentically and having integrity. Today, we’ll dig even deeper into what purpose means and looks like. I created a three-step guide to help you know your purpose.Here are the steps:
- Start asking yourself better questions. To get clarity on your purpose, ask yourself questions about your unique skills, abilities, and personality traits, and the dreams and passions that keep showing up.
- Craft a personal mission statement. You can spend a couple hours working through these steps and create clarity and plan, but also look back on your life to see what pivotal moments happened for you.
- Get better company, and take action! If you want to be successful, you need to spend time with people who are already successful. Learn something new every day, and then take action on it.
- Make a list of everything you can remember that made you happy. Write down at least 10 answers.
- Highlight the items on your list that involve a skill, and then identify that skill.
- Rank the top 5 highlighted terms in order of the joy they bring you. The skill that brings you the most joy is worth 10 points, with the others descending from there.
- Rank the top 5 items in terms of their income potential. The most lucrative skill is worth 10 points, with the others descending from there.
- Total the two ranked columns. The highest score represents a potential purpose or avenue that can happen in your life.
In This Episode
[00:50] – Welcome to episode 20, which will be all about the topic of purpose![02:34] – Jevonnah shares her holiday wishes for listeners, and offers an invitation to join her high-level Thrive Mastermind.[04:02] – What does “purpose” mean to you? What is your purpose? Jevonnah goes through a three-step guide she created to help people know their purpose.[07:28] – Jevonnah explains a bonus five-step process to help you define where you are in your life right now as it relates to your purpose.[09:43] – Jevonnah offers a powerful quote about the power of doing work that fulfills your purpose.[10:16] – We hear about what some members of the Thrive! group on Facebook said in answer to my question: “What is your purpose?”[14:02] – Take a moment to share your own purpose with Jevonnah! Head to this link and leave a comment to tell her what your purpose is, how you’re living it out, and whether you’re able to get paid doing the work that you love.
Memorable Quote or Takeaway
“Your purpose is absolutely calling for you, right now!” – Jevonnah “Lady J” Ellison
Subscribe now to The Entrepreneurial First Lady Show on iTunes.This ensures that you won’t miss an episode. If you love the podcast, please leave a quick review on iTunes – it helps other awesome people find this free encouragement! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is! I’ll even be featuring some of your reviews in a future episode!SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Links & Resources
Do You Have What it Takes to be a Coach?
Do you long to help others thrive, too? My course helps emerging coaches build a thriving, profitable coaching business.
Click here to edit Spacer module.GET MY NEW COURSE and discover how to taake your coaching business to the next level! GET THE COURSE!
I’d Love to Meet You!
Come say hi on Instagram!