#40: What Every Coach Needs to Know
Whether you’re already a coach or thinking about becoming one, this episode is for you! I’ll dig into important things that every coach should know. Let’s start with things that you should do as a coach:
- Value yourself and your services! This means having confidence as a coach, because your clients will know if you don’t.
- See yourself as a business owner.
- Give it time. This is the best way to get consistent results!
- Gain credibility and visibility.
- Do not be late to your coaching calls (and make sure you’re clear about time zones).
- Do not be distracted.
- Do not interrupt a client or potential client during a coaching call. This is a time for listening.
- Do not keep changing your price.
- Do not over-promise and under-deliver. In fact, do exactly the opposite!
- Do not avoid following up. Always follow up with your clients.
In This Episode
[00:45] – Welcome back to the show! Jevonnah explains what today’s show will be about.[02:32] – Jevonnah has been coaching for many years, she explains.[03:16] – It’s not enough just to coach; you also have to embrace the business side of coaching! Jevonnah starts off by explaining some things that you should do.[05:03] – Jevonnah’s second tip is to see yourself as a business owner. She talks about what this means.[06:15] – We hear about Jevonnah’s third tip, which is to give it time.[08:04] – Jevonnah talks about how to gain credibility and visibility, as part of her fourth tip for coaches.[10:38] – We move on to learning about what not to do, with the #1 item on Jevonnah’s list being showing up late to your coaching calls.[11:35] – The next thing you shouldn’t do is be distracted (like checking messages or multitasking on a coaching call).[11:56] – Don’t interrupt, Jevonnah advises, and don’t keep changing your price.[14:13] – Jevonnah’s fifth tip to avoid is over-promising and under-delivering.[14:44] – Finally, don’t avoid following up with your clients![15:38] – Jevonnah recaps the things that you shouldn’t do as a coach.
Memorable Quote or Takeaway
“Be confident in your coaching. Confusion creates chaos but clarity and a clear mind creates cash.” – Jevonnah “Lady J” Ellison
How You Can Help The Show
If you appreciate this podcast, I’d be so grateful if you’d Subscribe & Review my show on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds. Thanks so much!SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Links & Resources
Do You Have What it Takes to be a Coach?
Do you long to help others thrive, too? My course helps emerging coaches build a thriving, profitable coaching business.
Click here to edit Spacer module.GET MY NEW COURSE and discover how to taake your coaching business to the next level! GET THE COURSE!